Cheryl Miller on
Jul 3rd, 2006 |
Leave a comment
When you come home you know exactly what you’re going to have for dinner? In fact, most of it is already prepared in your refrigerator or freezer. Right? Yeah, I know. You’re laughing.
You’re beat, you’ve had a long day, it’s dark and cold, or hot and humid, and you don’t have any idea what to have for dinner. Day after day, same problem. Why do we have to EAT every day!!!
But you know, anybody can have a healthy fast food kitchen. Even you. You just need to want it and know how to create it.
What is a Healthy Fast Food Kitchen?
- It is a pleasant place to be.
- The lighting is pleasing and adequate
- You have the tools you need and can easily find them when you need them.
- It’s not chaotic or cluttered.
- Your refrigerator and pantry are stocked with foods you enjoy, and you use them up.
- You rarely throw out food because it has spoiled.
- You know what’s in your refrigerator…things are not hidden behind other things.
- Your freezer is used for temporary freezing.
- You use up the food within the recommended time.
- There is plenty of room to freeze new things.
- You enjoy cooking in your kitchen. It’s a pleasure.
- You entertain just the right amount.
- You are rarely embarrassed by drop-in guests because your kitchen is always pretty clean and neat.
- There is nothing in your kitchen that doesn’t belong there….no chain saws, skis, tool boxes, backpacks, or power tools.
- You use nontoxic cleaning products that do not harm you or the environment.
- You clean and straighten your kitchen so it is almost always ready for action.
- The counter tops are clear of clutter.
- About 95 percent of your meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) are prepared by you or someone else in your kitchen. You rarely eat out.
- Most of your favorite foods can be prepared in 10-30 minutes.
- Your focus is on health and pleasure when you cook and eat.
- You know how to savor and enjoy your food.
- You are usually in a thankful mood when you eat. Blessing the food of those who prepared it seems pleasing and natural…it’s not just a religious thing.
Because I have a healthy fast food kitchen, I have several choices of meals tonight. And that’s a good thing because I’m a moody eater. You too?
As I write this I’m eating a wonderful bowl of chili that took me only minutes to prepare. And it is SO good. When I made it, I packaged it into several containers so I could enjoy it any time I had a hankering for chili. And you know, chili isn’t an every-day-kind-of-food. You gotta have a hankering for it. Tonight I did, and it’s so satisfying.
I have a coaching call in a few minutes and now I’m ready because I had a quick satisfying dinner. I feel so on top of it! Want to feel the same way?
Have Your Very Own Healthy Fast Food Kitchen . . .
With the incidence of obesity and chronic diseases in the news every day, won’t it be great to be part of the solution and not part of the problem? Your kids, your significant other, and you can have all of the benefits of a healthy fast food kitchen. Yes you can.
Read more of my Healthy Fast Food Kitchen articles to find out how.
More Articles: [postsincategory#2]
Print This Post
Leave a Reply