Cheryl Miller on
Aug 4th, 2008 |
Leave a comment
Hello fellow self-care travelers. It’s quite a path we’re on!
I don’t know if it’s about planetary alignment or what, but a lot of people I know are starting to take better care of themselves. Including me!
In fact, I was eager to write several times this weekend, but because I was so focused on my own self-care journey, I didn’t turn on my computer. Unplugging from technology is one challenging self-care strategy for many of us! Can you do it? I was unplugged for 2 days.
Let me tell you how I prepared for my healthy living plan.
- I got inspired by reading the Mars & Venus Diet and Exercise Solution–mostly because of the promise of positively affecting my brain chemistry.
- I drew up a detailed plan for putting his 9-day program in place.
- I bought all of the ingredients (food and a few supplements).
- I cleaned my kitchen (including the refrigerator). Because we all know, if your refrigerator is a wreck, your diet probably is too.
- I went through all of my vitamins and supplements and threw out any that were beyond the expiration date, had a thick layer of dust on the bottle, or just didn’t resonate with me for one reason or another (like I couldn’t remember why I thought I needed to supplement with Folic acid).
- I weighed and measured myself to set the baseline.
- I made a chart for writing notes about my energy, emotional state, and various other things experienced while doing the program. In other words, I wanted to train myself to become more aware of my body and of my emotions, and I wanted to see what positive benefits I was getting for my effort. Tracking changes and noticing benefits are two big motivators.
- I scheduled time off from other responsibilities so I could focus on my plan.
- I allowed myself to feel whatever I was feeling and to take cues from my body for how to best take care of myself.
It was like I was on a retreat. It was all about me and my self-care. Can you plan a long weekend to create your self-care plan?
I can write a lot more about each of the items listed. If any are of particular interest, write a comment below and I’ll say more about it.
Print This Post
Leave a Reply