Some people are really good at self-care and some people are not. I’m about a A-/B+. It’s my life’s work.
If you’re not familiar with the term, self-care is about how well you take care of yourself (and your family).
Print This Post |
Here are several elements of self-care:
- Getting enough sleep.
- Eating health enhancing foods.
- Getting enough exercise.
- Doing preventative self-checks.
- Getting age-appropriate preventive screening tests.
- Visiting a health care professional when you can’t solve a health problem on your own–when it’s too serious for self-care.
- Having positive self-talk.
- Minimizing or eliminating smoking and excessive drinking or other drug use.
- Taking care of your body and relaxing with a massage, pedicure, hot bath, etc.
- Taking time out just for you, just because.
- Balancing time alone and time with others.
- Balancing work and play.
- Having a positive self-image (or working towards it).
- Telling the truth (to yourself and to others).
- Acknowledging your innate gifts and talents.
- Being grateful for all that you are, all that you give, and all that you receive.
- Feeding your spirit.
How would you rate your self-care? Tell us at the comment link below.